Thursday, July 12, 2007

New home blues...

Sounds so silly... you get a new home, take the time to slowly make it your own and move all of your treasured items into it. Then you sit back and look at all the work that must be done to REALLY make it yours, you homeowners know what I mean. patching and filling in old nail holes, making new nail holes, tearing up carpeting and painting away all the PINK in this house, etc... When it hits you, "Honey, I want to move back into our old house, where all the rooms were the color I wanted them, all my pictures were hung just so and... I knew how to get to the bathroom in the dark, without turning on every stinking light in the house."

do you really mean it.

Nah. but it seems like the right thing to say, until your husband looks at you like he might hit you, "are you crazy!"

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Well, I am about to know how that feels! We will be closing on our new house in about 3 weeks. I love your house, it is beautiful!!! Thanks for sending me this blog, it is great to log on and see what's going on in your lives!