Monday, July 16, 2007

The good, the bad and the ugly

Ever noticed that many things may be so good, but so bad for you at the same time, or vice versa?!? I sometimes can't help but notice this
First the good... when I got to work, there was a gift there for me from a patient that I particularly remember because she was so ill... just a bad situation all in all, but apparently, my care and kindness really mattered to her and her family because her grandma made this for me.

something good from a bad situation. p.s. she is much better now

the bad: we are in desperate need of rain, our grass, plants and even some trees are dying at a rapid rate. the good in this, is that every time it even so much as sprinkles now, I rejoice, whereas usually I am in a foul mood whenever it rains. sometimes it takes the bad to bring out the good in something... (it doesn't help that I am really bad at remembering to water!)

the ugly: this is really just kind of funny. the cats needed baths so we finally did just that and bathed them yesterday. They look so ugly afterwards, like gremlins or moles or something... the good = they smell better and less hairballs show up around the house. the bad = they hate us for at least the rest of the day!
cleo was too elusive to catch a pic but we lucked out and got a pic of zeus staring me down. we imagine he is trying to decide how to kill us in our sleep...
this is the most we saw of either cleo or zeus for a good length of time... escaping to the basement. aka the "Gremlin's Realm"

1 comment:

Mom Wahl said...

I love the Pollyanna glad game too! There is good to be found in all bad if we only take the time to think, or look.
As for giving the cats baths; everyone knows cats don't like water. What were you thinking? Good for you; taking on that job wasn't easy, but I'm sure Zeus and Cleo appreciated it; after the fact.
Great picture!