Thursday, April 5, 2007

Searching for a home...

Here we go...
Time to find a bigger house.
It is both exciting and nerve-wrecking. I am sure that most of us have been there at one point in our lives. I was lucky, when I came into the mix, my husband was wise enough to have made purchase of a home instead of throwing his money away on an apartment until forever ends... and so I married him and automatically inherited a pretty nice, albeit small, home with a lot of charm. Here we are, 5 years later, with a baby, a dog, two cats, and a lot more stuff... I am sure you know what that means, everybody needs their stuff. Anyway, it is time to shop for a bigger home, with a bigger yard (most important) and a semi-nice basement (second in importance) "for to keep all of our stuff."
So we put our tiny house on the market, a market our realtor described as trying and difficult in these bankrupt times, fully expecting not to sell for at least several months.... But you know how life is, wouldn't be any fun without a few curve balls! Only two weeks on the market, and we got an offer, after only ONE couple walked through! Absolutely amazing! I would pride myself on the fact that they loved our little home because of my wonderful decorating sense and meticulous housekeeping, but then I would just be outright lying.
okay okay, it was probably just the damn cute house itself!
So now comes the hard part, trying to find the perfect spot for all the formerly mentioned family members. and if unable to do that, at least finding a space we can reside in until we find that perfect home. To the rescue comes my mom and dad. The question is, do I want to live in a house again with them?
This brings memories of the torrent of my teenage years living with them flooding back to my mind.
"Let's find us a house, honey... and fast!"

No comments: